Sunday, December 8, 2013

Update

Wow, it has been quite some time since I have blogged. I have written drafts and then opted out of posting.  Since I last posted A LOT has changed.

 My husband and I have been married 2 WHOLE years, now! Marriage is work and I am sure he would agree. But whoever once said, something along the lines-"As long as both people do not want to give up at the same time, it will work", was probably right. We are finding our way. I will always be honest, I do not sugarcoat relationships, life, children- anything really. I believe all of these things take major work.




You see, now we have (another) sweet little baby boy, Sawyer. And he is a very very good baby, I know EVERYONE says that about their kids and most of the time it is true. But, Sawyer is very even tempered, really doesn't cry and loves to laugh, talk and smile. So good that even my husband said to me the other day, "He makes me not want for us to have another baby because he is SO good. The next one is sure to be a terror." He is 6 months old now, has two teeth, is sitting up and trying to crawl. Make. it. stop.

Addison is an amazing big brother, I love seeing him in this role. He tells Sawyer all the things they are going to do when they get older. Recently, Addison explained the Elf on the Shelf., so sweet. Sawyer just looks up at him smiling and laughing, huge gummy grin. Addison made straight A's the first quarter of 3rd grade, if anyone doesn't know- 3rd grade is some pretty serious stuff. Steven and I are very proud of him, my heart is so full of pride and love for the young man he is becoming. He is just a very good person.





I really believe that time moves faster with two children, I count our blessings each day. It is easy to take these moments for granted. However, I have eliminated many negative situations/people I feel did not add anything to our lives, these decisions have not been easy, in fact, very difficult. When things in your life take away more than they add it is time to move on, but it is crazy how so many other positive things filled those "openings", opportunities presented themselves and brought a fresh perspective. There is no drama, no gossip, no draining conversations/obligations, life is simple. I have beautiful (inside and out) friends around me and treasure them all!

Photos by: Three Dandy Lions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers