It has been entirely too long since I have updated my blog. September, to be exact. So, I will start from there...
Steven-Steven received a job offer in Charlotte working for Wells Fargo. It is a sweet gig that allows him to spend more time with the family and many other perks. He seems to be settling into "city-life" just fine. I know many may not think there is big difference between Charlotte and Raleigh, but there are some pretty big ones. Steven was pretty unsure about the move and how he would like being down here, I think he likes it. It is nice to be near family and see them a lot more than we used to, he also gets to enjoy poker nights and watching sports games with "the guys". So, for only officially being down here less than 4 months I think he is adjusting nicely.
Addison- Addison is adjusting pretty well, he misses his friends, quite a bit. He goes to a private school around our neighborhood. Many of these children, have attended school together since k-4, this was how he was with his friends in Raleigh. I would say this has been the biggest adjustment. I just remind him that, next year, he will not be the "new" kid anymore. In a nut shell, over the past 6 weeks or so he has attended many birthday parties and things like that so I have faith it will only go up from here.
Little baby Sawyer- I was 99.999% sure Sawyer was going to be a girl, this pregnancy was completely different than with Addison. His time in his comfy place is almost up, though! We have about 11 weeks to go, I think he is going to grace us with his appearance about a week early, we will see. Addison was 4 days late, I really think it is too hard to tell. We have a couple of showers coming up in the next 2 months, he is already so loved and so spoiled. His big brother cannot wait to see him and tell him stories, his dad cannot wait to have him hang out and watch ESPN and crazy zombie shows, and I will balance all of that nicely by making sure he is nicely dressed 24/7 and a sweet cuddly boy. Addison is the biggest love bug and I plan on making sure Sawyer maintains that standard. But, I am 100% sure that if his dad and brother have anything to do with it, he will spoil his mother like crazy. Addison and I read every night he is with me, we have since he was an infant, we are now already reading to Sawyer, he seems to like it, he gives Addison a kick every now and then.
Me: So, I fell into a pretty rockstar opportunity, it is insanely family friendly and far exceeded any opportunity that has come before me in the past year. They are super supportive of Mr. Sawyer and the fact my family is my priority. I oversee much of the NC Property Management for our company, I work closely with our broker in charge. Honestly, I do a ton and it covers so many different aspects that to even begin to go into detail would monopolize this post. I feel blessed beyond measure and I work hard.
Being home (home for me anyway) has been amazing, I love being back around "the city", seeing the airplanes lined up in the sky on my way home preparing for landing, the amazing parks and the shopping! Not that I get to buy everything I want but I just love seeing it all here and not having to just look at it online. I also really enjoy being close to my family, I see my mom at least weekly, have made some new kick butt friends, gotten back in touch with old friends and strengthened the friendships in this area that I had.
Now that things are becoming a little more routine I plan on posting more often, I have some pretty great stories from the past few months that will certainly entertain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment